It’s time to celebrate our volunteers! Girl Scout Leader’s Day is the time to thank your troop leader for all the work she has done and for all the help she has given you.
National Volunteer Month: April
National Volunteer Week: April 18-24
Girl Scout Leader’s Day: April 22
It’s National Volunteer Month, and there’s no doubt that our amazing Girl Scout volunteers deserve a standing ovation. Yes, the Girl Scout experience may have looked a bit different last year, but from finding new ways to connect online to being in touch through phone calls and texting to coming up with safe ways to meet in person while following local guidelines, our troop leaders, cookie captains, and other volunteers have risen to the challenge and done their absolute best in trying times.
For all they are and all they do, we hope you’ll join us in saying thank you. Let them know their actions, both big and small, matter to you personally and make a difference in your community.
Whether you’re short on time or want to make a whole project of it with your troop, check out these simple ways to show your appreciation.
- Personalize one of our super cute (and free!) thank-you cards designed just for this purpose. Download cards for young girls to use here or for older girls here.
- Bake a special treat to brighten their day.
- Give them a shoutout with a special social media post.
- Send a quick video thanking them for all they’ve helped your troop accomplish.
- Choose a project from Girl Scouts at Home to make and give to your volunteer.
- Team up with other troop families to purchase a token of appreciation for your volunteer from the Girl Scout Shop—plus, when you use code VOLUNTEER2021, you’ll get a sweet 10% off! (The code is active April 1 through April 30, 2021, for a 10% discount at girlscoutshop.com. The code is for one-time use per customer, online only, at girlscoutshop.com. The discount is not taken on any applicable shipping, handling, or taxes for each order.)
- Recognize your leader(s) for the great work she/he does for your Girl Scout troop! The Skyline Star Leader Award recognizes a troop leader for completion of requirements for membership and leadership. The recipient will be listed in the council’s permanent files and will receive a lapel pin and attractive certificate signed by our council president as well as the CEO of Virginia Skyline. The Skyline Star Leader Award can be given at any time; there is no deadline for nominations. Urge your parents/caregivers/troop mates to complete an application with the necessary information today!
And here are some FUN & NEW Zoom backgrounds for our GSVSC volunteers:
Scout Leader 1
Girl Scout Leader 2
Archives Group 1
Archives Group 2
Camp Staff 1
Camp Staff 2
Council Trainer 1
Council Trainer 2
Service Unit 1
Service Unit 2
Skyline Adventurers 1
Skyline Adventurers 2
GSVSC Trefoil Spirals
GSVSC Trefoil Swish
GSVSC Trefoil Outlines
GSVSC Trefoil Shadows
GSVSC Trefoil Solids
GSVSC Trefoils, Stars & Hearts
When it comes to showing gratitude, we’ve got this!