At Virginia Skyline, our donors and funders are our partners in
advancing the mission of Girl Scouts across our 36-county service
area. During this time while our office is closed to the public and
operating with few staff on-site as most are teleworking, there may
be a delay in processing gifts received by mail which will result in
a delayed acknowledgment letter to you. Please know that the council
is incredibly grateful for your support and each and every gift is
valued and appreciated. You are imperative in helping us make the
world a better place.
In the event you do have questions about whether or not your gift was received, please reach out to email@example.com or (540) 777-5100.
Invest in Girls
Girl Scouting is always grateful for your involvement and donation of
time and talent, but the truth is that the programs and services
offered by Girl Scouts rely heavily on charitable contributions in
addition to time and talent. Girl Scouting wasn't free in 1912, and it
isn't free today. Just as Juliette Low asked adults back in her time
to contribute financially to the Girl Scout program, today adults are
likewise asked to contribute.
The majority of your annual membership fee goes directly to the national organization, Girl Scouts of the USA. Local programs are partially supported through grants from foundations, civic groups, and United Ways. Funds from these sources do not cover the $446 total cost per member each year. Girl Scouts face ever-increasing costs to:
- recruit, train and keep volunteer leaders.
- maintain camps & facilities.
- develop new, challenging programs.
- purchase training and program materials.
- provide outreach programs to at-risk girls.
- produce publications for members and the community.
Girls, Families & Communities Grow Through Girl Scouting
Girl Scouts does make a difference in the lives of girls, parents and volunteers. In national studies, the response was overwhelming:
- 7 out of 10 Girl Scouts surveyed say the Girl Scout Promise and Law have been useful in their lives.
- 95% of Girl Scout volunteers agree that they do have a positive influence on the development of girls.
- 70% of Girl Scouts feel that Girl Scouting is preparing them to be "someone who can make her own choices."
- 54% of Girl Scout parents reveal that they spent more quality time with their daughters through Girl Scouting.
Donations can be made:
Simply mail a check along with a GSVSC Contribution Form or letter outlining the purpose of the gift to:
Girl Scouts of Virginia Skyline
Attn: Fund Development
3663 Peters Creek Rd, NW
Roanoke, VA 24019
If you would like to change, update, or confirm the way your gift is
recognized in the council’s annual report please submit your
information to firstname.lastname@example.org.