Saturday, September 19, 2020
Girl Scouts of Virginia Skyline welcomed our new CEO, Nikki Williams, in April 2017. Our inaugural Daisy Fest was Nikki's first big event and helped us commemorate her initiative to better serve our council with forward thinking, progressive events, and community outreach to strengthen our ties with the local communities that we serve. We believe the perfect way to share and celebrate our new way of Girl Scouting is by hosting an annual community event at our headquarters on Peters Creek Road in Roanoke!
Daisy Fest 2019 had a lot to offer :
- Bounce house provided by SERVPRO of Roanoke, Montgomery, and Pulaski Counties!
- Chick-fil-A Salem Mobile Fundraiser Meal Service!
- Guest appearances by Mugsy from the Salem Red Sox, RoCo the Bald Eagle from the Roanoke County Sheriff's Department, Diesel from the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, Chuck E. Cheese, and "Scoop" the Freedom First Ice Cream Truck!
- Council booths for Marketing and Communications, Program, Membership, Archives, Adventurers, Customer Care, the Skyline Shop, Fall Product Sale, and Cookie Sale!
- Touch-a-Truck provided by local community partner Chandler Concrete!
- Two fun patch opportunities including a "Where in the Council is CEO Nikki Williams," and a 2019 Daisy Fest patch!
- Nonprofit vendors including Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke Valley SPCA, Clean Valley Council, Family Preservation Services, Girls on the Run, History Museum of Western Virginia, Junior Achievement, Roanoke City Libraries, and more!
- For profit community collaborators including BJ's Wholesale, Lib's Lab, Dave's Magic & Entertainment, Lampros and Reopelle Orthodontics, PepsiCo, and more!
- Local colleges and universities including Hollins Admissions and Virginia Tech Entomology!
Stay tuned to see what we have in store for Daisy Fest 2020!