Training for Trainers
Have you recently enjoyed a Girl Scout training? As a volunteer organization, we are always in need of trainers to help provide the most accurate information to our leaders, volunteers and older girls. If you love Girl Scouting, this is a great way to volunteer. This course is the first step in preparing you to facilitate trainings for volunteers and girls council-wide.
This course is designed to help you:
- IDENTIFY ADULT LEARNER NEEDS AND LEARNING STYLES
- IDENTIFY EFFECTIVE TRAINING METHODS AND TECHNIQUES
- IDENTIFY EFFECTIVE FACILITATION SKILLS
- IDENTIFY GSVSC COUNCIL TRAINER PROCEDURES & PROGRESSION
Participants may attend as individuals.
Min/Max: 5/15 (check here to find how many openings are available now)
Registration Opens: May 13, 2019
Registration Closes: October 24, 2019
This is a two-day course! You must attend both dates to be accredited. Plan to arrive by 6:30 PM on Friday, November 8. This course begins Friday promptly at 7 PM. The Saturday session will begin promptly at 8:15 AM and end no later than 5 PM.
- Day 1: Friday, November 8, 6:30-10 PM
- Day 2: Saturday, November 9, 8:15 AM - 5 PM
- Dinner for the Friday evening session or eat before you arrive
- Cushion, pillow or a comfortable camp chair, if needed
- Sleeping bag or blankets, pillow, toiletries for overnight stay
- Bug spray
- Clothing layers so that you can help regulate your own temperature during the session
- Your preference in drink and snacks of choice. Bring a coffee mug/a water bottle container. We will have water or coffee available.
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Pen or pencil
- Breakfast & Lunch: we will provide a continental breakfast and lunch on Saturday.
- Lodging: participants that have requested overnight lodging will be sleeping in Bunkhouse 1 and 2 at Camp Sacajawea.
Questions: email@example.com or 540-777-5100
Note: if this is your first time registering in the Doubleknot system, then you will need to CREATE A NEW PROFILE.