IMPORTANT 📣 Your GS Account Inaccessible Nov. 19-Dec. 6
Your Girl Scout Account Will Be INACCESSIBLE From Nov. 19 to Dec. 6.
Are You Ready? Let's Make Sure!
What You Should Do? (If You Haven't Already)
Before November 18:
- Renew your 2020-21 membership now (if you haven’t done so already).
- Download any meeting plans for November/December from the Volunteer Toolkit/VTK (here's a how-to guide).
- Update any soon-to-expire background checks (you’ll receive an individual email if this is needed for November-December).
Before December 3:
- Complete any in-progress trainings on our current online training website. (Our current online training system will be taken down permanently after the new system changes are live by December 7.)
Starting November 18 at 11:59 PM EST until Dec. 7, Girl Scouts of the USA will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily restrict the ability to complete many volunteer and member related tasks and pause access to:
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- gsLearn (NEW volunteer online training platform)
- myGS (your Girl Scout member community)
- Background check completion and submission for processing
- New membership registration/s and membership renewals
This downtime means we’ve got a refreshed member account management system designed with you in mind coming soon! Once the downtime ends, you’ll find clearer views, more features and functions and enhanced search options when you go online to your membership account.
This myGS Member Community Go-Live Timeline details the schedule from now through our go-live date of December 7. While much of the downtime period is set to occur the week of Thanksgiving, a time when troops and volunteers often take a break to be with family and friends, we know that Girl Scouts and volunteers are always on the go and want to make sure that you are aware of the downtime, it’s potential to impact your Girl Scout plans, and steps you can take before November 18 to prevent any surprises.
We Will Still Be Here for You
During this downtime, your Customer Care Team can still easily be reached by the same means: firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-777-5100.