Spring Trainer Meetings
Welcome to the Council Trainer Resources!
Here you will find all that you need to prepare and facilitate your council training sessions, and stay abreast of important dates for Spring Trainer Meetings, Annual Conference of Trainers, and Training for Trainers!
Be sure to post your "Best Practices" training tips to share with other council trainers right here! Got a tip or trick that you would like to share? Please email it to Jodi and she'll start a list here to share.
2017 Spring Trainer Meetings dates will be shared in The Girl Scout
Connection e-newsletter in February 2017.
Training for Trainers 2016
July 29, 7 PM – July 30, 6 PM - both dates required
Camp Sacajawea, Lynchburg
Registration soon-to-come in eBiz.
2016 Annual Conference of Trainers (ACT)
September 9-10, 2016
Friday, 6 PM – Saturday, 4 PM
Icimani Adventure Center, Roanoke
Register here on eBiz
What is Annual Conference of Trainers?
ACT is a time to provide procedures, updates, and workshops for continued education for new and experienced council trainers to help fine tune training skills and knowledge.
What do we expect to accomplish at ACT?
- Welcome and on-board new trainers
- Provide GSVSC council procedures (updates) for council trainers
- Discuss what's new for online & in-person trainings
- Assess training teams & delivery of council trainings – are we providing a consistent message?
- Discuss Recruitment, Progression & Succession of council trainers
- Set council trainer goals (Personal & Team Goals)
- Set dates for Spring Trainers Meetings – bring your calendar!
- Elect council delegates
- Show appreciation for your time
- Have fun!
Do I have to attend ACT every year?
No, currently council trainers are required to attend ACT every other year. However, we are asking every council trainer to attend ACT 2016, if possible. We have lots to share in regards to what is new with online and in-person trainings. To help us prepare for ACT and keep records of your progression as a trainer, we ask that you register for ACT in eBiz.
Volunteer Services Director
Invite-a-Friend to Train!
As a council trainer, you are aware there is always a need for more trainers. So, help spread the word by inviting other committed Girl Scout volunteers to join us. You know what fun the trainers have when they get together! So, spread the word by reading the following, and email to volunteers you'd recommend becoming trainers.
Council Trainers Needed!
Have you enjoyed a Girl Scout training you attended? Could you see yourself helping new leaders? We are in need of more volunteer council trainers, especially for Outdoor Education, GS 102 & GS 103, Event Planning, and Bronze, Silver, and Gold workshops. As a volunteer organization, we are always in need of trainers to help provide the most accurate information to our leaders, volunteers and older girls. If you love Girl Scouting, this is a great way to volunteer. Trainers are needed in all areas of the Council (especially more rural areas) to bring training closer to each Girl Scout Community.
Trainers are adults who:
- Work effectively with other adults and/or older girls
- Serve as role models for adult volunteers
- Are dedicated to and support the principles of Girl Scouting
- Like a flexible Girl Scout commitment
- Are responsible, dependable and follow through on their commitment