What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Training for Volunteers
Volunteers are the backbone of Girl Scouting. You make it happen. And you need the right training to help you along the way. Whether you're just getting started in Girl Scouts or you're a long-time volunteer looking to expand your skills, we have something for you.
We are committed to helping you be a success in your volunteer position. We have designed our training to be convenient, fun and loaded with information that will help you make the most out of your time with the girls. Staff and volunteer trainers are here to help you.
Before starting your training, the first step to volunteering at GSVSC is to register as a member and get your background check! After entering some basic information, you'll be able to search for volunteer opportunities, finish registration, then receive an email to submit your background check. Click here to get started!
Get your Girl Scout training online.
Check our online calendar.
Find it in print in our program & training guide The Sky's the Limit.
To register for training: visit the training portion of the eBiz site.
GSVSC Refund Policy
Refunds will not be issued for less than $5. If you decide to cancel/withdraw from a program, event, trip, camp or training, then the refund received will be as follows:
100% refund for five or less business days following registration
75% refund for six to ten business days following registration deadline
50% refund for 11 to 15 business days following registration deadline
0% refund for 16 or more business days following registration deadline
Questions about training?