Junior Jam 2019
Junior Jam 2019
Sheroes: Building Your Super Powers
Friday, May 17 through Sunday, May 19, 2019
Massanetta Springs Camp, Harrisonburg, VA
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON FEBRUARY 18 AT 7 PM
The registration period for Virginia Skyline Council troops is February 18 to March 11. Council troops will be given first priority while out-of-council troop registrations will be accepted beginning March 1 (dependent upon space). The following is needed to complete your registration online: t-shirt sizes, health history information, lodging choice and workshop choices.
Before you get started! We acknowledge that the Junior Jam registration process is long. Online registrations ensure the health & safety of all program participants. For insurance and planning purposes this information is required during registration. The beauty of the online registration system is that it also provides volunteers immediate feedback with confirmation of sleeping accommodations and workshops upon checkout. We are working to try to reduce the timing-out issues, but please be aware this is still an issue. Below are suggestions to help you prepare.
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING
- Registration is by troop only.
- Troop leaders are to register the adults for the workshops along with the girls!
- Be sure to have all participant’s health history information on hand prior to beginning the registration process.
- Complete health history information, payment, and checkout are required to be completely registered.
- Once your selections are added to the cart, it will only stay in the cart for 45 minutes. If you do not complete payment, you will have to re-enter all of the registration and health information again.
- If the system sits idle with no activity, the system will log you out and you will have to start over. High speed internet is recommended!
- If you have a large troop, consider registering your troop in patrols or smaller groups (based on interests) in order to register at a faster pace. Remember each group should have a registered adult accompanying them to all sessions. The committee cannot guarantee that troop members registering separately will all be able to experience the same workshops or be in the same sleeping accommodations.
- As workshops become full, registrants will no longer be able to select those options.
- Each troop is required to have a First Aider and a GSVSC Outdoor Ed. certified adult attend with the troop
- For any event, overnight, or camping activities, you will need two volunteers for up to 16 Juniors (grades 4–5) and 1 additional adult for every additional 8 Junior girls. (See girl-to-adult ratio charts in Volunteer Essentials)
Troops in Tents: $50/person (girl and adult)
Troops in Cabins: $65/person (girl and adult; limited number of cabins so they will be assigned based on the date that all registration information is provided and payment is made)
Troops Attending Saturday ONLY: $45/person (girl and adult)
- regular workshops (additional fees apply for high adventure workshops)
- all meals Saturday plus breakfast Sunday
- event t-shirt
- event patch
- other Junior Jam activities
Check-out the Preliminary Junior Jam Schedule
Helpful Hints, Info & Directions to Camp
Faster Than The Speed of Light
Fighting Dastardly Deeds
Fishy Villains Beware!
Friendship: The Force
GEE-OH Catch That Trail
In a Galaxy Far Away
Quest for a Crest
Roadblocks – No Problem!
STR…Super Tools To The Rescue!
Way Up In The Sky
High Adventure Workshops: $15/person (girl and adult) – Limited number of spots so get your registration/payment in quickly for these:
- Bulls-Eye (Archery)
- H2Otics (Canoeing)
- Roping Those Strengths (Low Ropes Course)
- Take To The Skies (Ziplining)
Workshops fill up quickly especially the four high adventure options as well as Gee-Oh, Sewing, Super Tools, and Fly Fishing. So register as soon as you can!
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EVENT
QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION
email@example.com or 540-777-5100
This event is for troops only. If an individual girl/adult wishes to participate, then please reach out and team up with a local Junior Girl Scout troop in your service unit or nearby service unit.
Participants may attend with troops that provide the appropriate number of leaders and adult chaperones needed to meet the girl-to-adult ratios for their age-level. Guardian/parent/adult chaperones and troop leaders are required to stay during the entire program.