Invest in Girls
GSVSC is transitioning to a new donor software program. While we do
not expect any interruptions or delay in our gift acknowledgment
process, please notify council at email@example.com if you
do not receive correspondence acknowledging your gift within 14
business days of the date of your gift. Also, if you want to change,
update or confirm the way your gift is recognized in the council’s
annual report, you can submit that information to firstname.lastname@example.org as
Girl Scouting is always grateful for your involvement and donation of time and talent, but the truth is that the programs and services offered by Girl Scouts rely heavily on charitable contributions in addition to time and talent. Girl Scouting wasn't free in 1912, and it isn't free today. Just as Juliette Low asked adults back in her time to contribute financially to the Girl Scout program, today adults are likewise asked to contribute.
The majority of your annual membership fee goes directly to the national organization, Girl Scouts of the USA. Local programs are partially supported through product sales, United Ways and grants. Funds from these sources do not cover the $383 total cost per member each year. Girl Scouts face ever-increasing costs to:
- recruit, train and keep volunteer leaders.
- maintain camps & facilities.
- develop new, challenging programs.
- purchase training and program materials.
- provide outreach programs to at-risk girls.
- produce publications for members and the community.
Girls, Families & Communities Grow Through Girl Scouting
Girl Scouts does make a difference in the lives of girls, parents and volunteers. In national studies, the response was overwhelming:
- 7 out of 10 Girl Scouts surveyed say the Girl Scout Promise and Law have been useful in their lives.
- 95% of Girl Scout volunteers agree that they do have a positive influence on the development of girls.
- 70% of Girl Scouts feel that Girl Scouting is preparing them to be "someone who can make her own choices."
- 54% of Girl Scout parents reveal that they spent more quality time with their daughters through Girl Scouting.
Donations can be made:
Simply mail a check along with a GSVSC Contribution Form or letter outlining the purpose of the gift to:
Girl Scouts of Virginia Skyline
Attn: Fund Development
3663 Peters Creek Rd, NW
Roanoke, VA 24019